Seen any good movies lately?

Saw Green Book today with my husband.

We were at least 15 years younger than everyone else in the theatre.

But what did you think of it? PS I often go to the movies with one or another of my kids and they are the youngest person in the theater by several decades.

I saw Green Book tonight with friends… and didn’t pay any attention to who else was in the theater.

The movie was wonderful… as was the music.

Really enjoyed watching Free Solo.

I saw At Eternity’s Gate last night and wasn’t a big fan. Trying way to hard to be artsy in my book. But the cinematography was outstanding. Next up: Mary Poppins Returns!

Wellspring…We hadn’t been to the movies in years and it was a very odd experience to find that among those viewing Green Book, the viewing audience of which was definitely “mature,” we were by far the youngest in attendance.

I thought it was light and pleasant. Ali and Mortensen did all they were called on to do by the script. The characters were shown to have vulnerabilities, and able to ‘reach’ across any hardened self-definition, or social identity, they may have protected and projected. The characters taught, they learned, they revealed they could be nuanced.

The viewer effortlessly went along for the ride.

If you are a history buff, I can’t recommend highly enough the World War I trench warfare documentary They Shall Not Grow Old, made by Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame. Your only chance to see it is at one of two showings on the 27th of this month in theaters all over the country (we saw it on the only other date, 12/17). It’s utterly riveting and harrowing, an incredible achievement. It has a score of 98 on Rotten Tomatoes, so you don’t have you take my word for it. If you go, be sure to stay for the post-credits presentation by Jackson discussing the genesis and making of the film–he’s a wonderful speaker. I’m sure it will be available for streaming soon, but it really deserves a theater experience. Info and tickets here:
https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/they-shall-not-grow-old/283232

Just saw Roma, a Netflix original currently streaming. Soooo impressive. Subtitled, black and white. The story had me transfixed.

@jasmom
I tried to put Roma on my queue but it does not show up on Netflix. Only available in streaming service? Really want to watch this one and Shoplifters during the break.

Roma on Netflix was amazing. Such a great story and so beautiful ???

And it’s Mary Poppins Day!

Really enjoyed Green Book. Vox Lux on the other hand was one of the worst movies i’ve ever seen!

D2 wanted to see Mortal Engines, so we went tonight. I wasn’t sure it would be any good given the low box office last weekend when it opened, but we really enjoyed it. Kind of a steampunk version of Star Wars (but no space) with several strong female characters. I suspect the poor opening weekend was because Spider-Man opened as well last weekend. Sound was a little loud for my taste, but it was fun. Hope the box office picks up for it.

Mary Queen of Scots was excellent and the cinematography is incredible.

Did anyone else see Aquaman? Great special effects

Saw Creed 2…kids wanted to see it, not terrible, nice ending. A little long.

Bird Box on Netflix was better than I expected. It was pretty intense in parts but well worth watching until the end, which I really liked.

I just saw Ben is Back - it was very well done, and even though the 2 leads (Julia Roberts and Luke Hedges) were basically flawless, it still left me wishing the film itself wasn’t so formulaic. It’s an important story.

“Bird Box on Netflix was better than I expected. It was pretty intense in parts but well worth watching until the end, which I really liked.”

Does this mean it was intense until the end and then you liked it? Or you liked it all, but not the end? Or you really liked the end? I’m confused! :))

@crknwk2000 It was intense throughout the whole film and I especially liked the ending.