Select Wait List

<p>I applied Early decision, was deferred and was just placed on the Select Wait List. I will be be possibly attending UB for a semester, but then definitely going to Geneseo for Spring 2011. Is anyone in the same boat?</p>

<p>I got on the select wait list too, I was expecting a flat out rejection. Still waiting to hear from Bing, but I’m happy I have Geneseo as an option. Any idea how often they pull from the wait list?</p>

<p>I am waiting to hear from Binghamton as well… I really don’t have any idea how many are pulled but I have heard (possible rumor, someone else will most likely have a more accurate answer) that 1/3 of the applicants are wait listed and only a few are pulled. My fingers are crossed</p>

<p>I am actually on the exact same boat as you, i plan to either attend buffalo for a semester and transfer to geneseo, or just goto binghamton if i hear an acceptance from them. I am curious as to what grades are put on the wait list. I have a 93.5 weighted gpa and a 1800 on the sat.</p>

<p>My stats 1260/1600 1900/2400
uw gpa 92.3 w gpa 105</p>

<p>Waiting for Binghamton too! I got accepted to Geneseo but all my friends got select waitlisted–is there a regular waitlist?</p>

<p>I’m a freshman at geneseo now and i was waitlisted about a year ago. what you guys need to do is send ur deposit into another school before may 1st. Geneseo is gonna ask you if you want to be on their waitlist, u have to tell them “yes” lol. I got my acceptance letter from geneseo shortly after may 1st. so if u guys get an acceptance letter, come visit the school again, and if u like it, just give the deposit check right to the person in the admissions office. before you do this u should probably really ask urself if u want to switch schools cause its a big deal. I switched from albany to geneseo, and it wasnt easy and i had doubts for a while after, but in the end i like it here, so make sure if u guys get accepted dont automaticaly change ur mind, think about it and come visit too!</p>

<p>same here, i got a guaranteed transfer for spring 2011 and im going to umass amherst for the fall 2010. But, is transferring to geneseo a hard transition to make from other college?</p>

<p>Is anyone aware what percent of the select wait list people were accepted for the fall semester last year?</p>

<p>I am in the same boat as well. I got deferred ED and then Select Wait-listed in March.
My stats are: 1200/1600 SAT, (1840/2400), 93.5 GPA, mostly honors and AP classes. I also thought I was just going to be denied, so the wait list is better than nothing! I’m planning on transferring in Spring 2011 as well, but I’m concerned about how hard the transition is going to be (making friends,roommates,credits, etc.). Anybody have any updates about the chances of waitlist admission?</p>