Self-reporting Application?

<p>The UC application is said to be self reporting. So does that mean that I just report my own classes and grades, and then send a transcript if I am accepted/ or randomly chosen to verify? Or do I send the transcript as soon as possible before the deadline?</p>

<p>Everyone who sends a SIR (Statement of Intent to Register) to a UC must then submit an official transcript (including 2nd semester senior grades) by the summer deadline (which I think is July 15th). In other words, you only send a transcript to the UC you decide to attend.</p>

<p>okay thanks SO MUCH!! I feel very relieved now because my high school puts all of our SAT/ACT test scores on our transcripts, and I took the ACT more than once and although my score went up by a point, two of the sections- which actually have to do with my major- went down! So I was really worried about that factoring into me getting in. Thanks again!!!!</p>

<p>They only use your transcript to verify all the information you provided was correct, and also to see if you maintained a 3.0 GPA per semester senior year (unweighted for berkeley, unweighted AVG for ucla, and weighted for the rest, i think).</p>

<p>Even if we received all of your exam scores we would only use the highest score, the one that is best for your application. For the ACT plus Writing exam we will use the best score from one exam date. There isn't any disadvantage to the UC system receiving all your exam scores.</p>

<p>Feez- Thanks for the info; I appreciate your response!!!</p>

<p>UCD Admissions- That's great to know, and thanks for responding to my question! I have one more question, though: Does the UC system look at each individual section's score for the ACT, or just the composite score? Because, in my case, the higher case would contain the two lower subscores for two of the sections that actually pertain to my major, even if it IS the higher composite score.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I'd have to say that depends on the UC campus and their review process. For UC Davis we use the ACT exam that results in the highest UC score; see University</a> of California - Counselors** for more information.</p>