Self-Reporting Grades on the UC Application

<p>For Pre-IB classes, would I list those as IB, Honors, or neither on the UC applications? They’re not really part of the IB curriculum, I guess, but they are weighted credits at my school, so.</p>

<p>I’m probably making this a bigger deal than it actually is, but does anyone else have the same problem/know what I should do?</p>

<p>I am guesiing that you are out of state. For out of state students, **ONLY AP/IB **classes are given extra weight. Pre-IB classes are not listed as “Honors” or as “IB.” How your school weights them is irrelevant.</p>

<p>If you are in-state California, you go to your high school’s “Doorways” listing <a href=“https://doorways.ucop.edu/list/servlet.jsf;jsessionid=066422599DEB670B43CD3D5AA10CBD26?_flowExecutionKey=_c667ECAA3-B80A-855F-5B3D-C0A972C2A361_kAD2ACFBE-F951-28F5-E63E-A93CD555D5AD[/url]”>https://doorways.ucop.edu/list/servlet.jsf;jsessionid=066422599DEB670B43CD3D5AA10CBD26?_flowExecutionKey=_c667ECAA3-B80A-855F-5B3D-C0A972C2A361_kAD2ACFBE-F951-28F5-E63E-A93CD555D5AD&lt;/a&gt; and look up your Honors and Pre-IB classes. Only those designated as “Honors” by the UC are listed as Honors on your application. Again, how your high school lists them does not matter. (Note to OOS - very few honors courses are given extra weight for in-state students. At my kids’ high school none of the honors courses are given extra weight - just AP/IB, exactly the same as an OOS applicant.)</p>

<p>This system levels the playing field for all students and does not give an advantage to those from high schools that weight virtually every college prep class.</p>

<p>Please be aware that the UC will request official transcripts for all admitted students and check to see that the courses were properly entered.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>^^correct. Pre-IB is a fancy title that educators in HS use to make a course sound rigorous. In-state, some of those courses are awarded a bonus point bcos if they are approved for UC-honors. But, OOS none of them are approved as noted above. But not to worry, since all OOS apps are read by the same pool of readers so your UC gpa will be considered in context, i.e., OOS so no UC-approved honors courses.</p>

<p>That helps so much. Thank you both!</p>