Sending ACT Scores

I’m a rookie when it comes to the college app process so forgive me if this is an obvious question. My son is planning to send his app the day the SAT scores are released on July 10. He has an ACT score that qualifies him for academic admit. Can he go ahead and request his ACT score be sent even though he hasn’t submitted his application yet? Seems like we can but maybe I am missing something.

Yes, he can send his ACT score now. But, before spending the $, go to the college website and see if they allow self-reporting of test scores. That allows the applicant to put their score on the application, and only send the official report if and when they matriculate. Good luck.

@Texasaggie99 May I ask why he’s waiting for SAT scores if his ACT qualifies? All scores sent to TAMU before they review for admission will be looked at (the scores that benefit the student the most). If academic admit and have official transcript to input into the new reporting system, then no reason to wait. And only official scores from the testing center is counted.

@AggieMomhelp he doesn’t quite have his app all filled out yet to send anyway but while filling it out it asked for the top SAT and ACT score. They can go back in and update it once they get a new score? Like I said, rookie over here, so just trying not to make any mistakes. His first SAT math score was good but he wanted to put his new math score if it was better so it would look better when applying to engineering.

So another question, his ACT score is the one that qualifies him for academic admit. His SAT score missed it by 10 points due to the reading portion. I think his SAT math score is higher than the ACT math score. Will they look at both or only the ACT since it’s the one that quailifed him for academic admit?

@TexasAggie99 Oh gotcha. For Engineering, it won’t hurt to wait til mid July. I don’t blame him for putting best scores on app, just know they will receive them regardless and you’ll be able to see on his AIS (that’ll make sense once he applies) all of the scores TAMU has received. This will give you some comfort knowing they have it all or help you fix it if they don’t. Best of luck,

@AggieMomhelp do we need to send the top score whether that be SAT or ACT or do we need to send all their scores? I was thinking A&M wasn’t an all scores school.

You can choose to send either the ACT or SAT. If both your ACT and SAT happen to be stellar, you can send both just to show the strength of the applicant, but it’s not required.

You don’t have to send in what you don’t want to. But if you send all at time of testing) it won’t hurt the student. They use the best same day score. You are correct, they do not super score.