Sending all SAT/ACT scores

<p>What happens if someone took the ACT 4 times(I’ve only taken it twice), would it be possible to send in only the highest score? What would be the penalty for not sending in all of them, do the UC’s have some way to find out if you didn’t send all your ACT scores?
On other threads I’ve been reading, a lot of people said the ACT allows you to send in only your highest score to your desired college. While for the SAT, college board makes you send in all your scores.</p>

<p>No the UC’S will not find the scores you did not submit only the ones you did, and for the SAT you could actually house the scores you want to send but unsure about the ACT</p>

<p>Thanks for the reply. Can anyone answer my question about holding act scores.</p>

<p>Bumpppp anyone</p>

<p>The cost of sending ACT score is per test date per report, so you choose which test you want to report.</p>

<p>But I thought you had to send in all ACT scores to UC’s</p>

<p>can anyone answer my questions please!!!</p>

<p>See “A Few Guidelines” [University</a> of California - The examination requirement](<a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/freshman/requirements/examination-requirement/index.html]University”>http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/freshman/requirements/examination-requirement/index.html)</p>

<ul>
<li>In the College Board’s Score Choice module, ensure that all scores are sent to UC. We require all scores and will use the highest scores from a single administration.</li>
<li>For the ACT With Writing test, we will focus on the highest combined score from the same test administration.</li>
</ul>

<p>The UCs ask you to send all scores, but there is no penalty if you don’t send all of them.</p>

<p>This is confusing to me. I understand the part about schools requesting all SAT scores. This is because the SAT used to send all of them before score choice, and some scores want all of them. However, the charge is the same to send one or all of them.</p>

<p>For the ACT, you pay to send each individual score. I think it is about $10 (haven’t checked recently) per score. So to send 4 scores would be $40 and if you apply to several schools that becomes a ridiculous cost.</p>

<p>I would check with the UC schools about the ACT policy as it seems to be a large financial burden.</p>

<p>I also took the ACT twice, and I only sent my higher score, and I had no problems.</p>