Sending AP scores to UC

<p>Hi! I finished my AP tests and I had filled out the option on the answer sheet to send my AP scores to my future college. My counselor (test proctor) said that sending the scores to your college will send every AP test you’d taken, and it would be sent to you on the third week of July.</p>

<p>It comes to me then, but do any of you know if it goes to UC’s any sooner? because the due date for AP scores is July 1… </p>

<p>Am I just supposed to phone in my scores then, regardless of filling out that option on the answer sheet? (the way it’s discussed here: <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-davis/532531-how-send-ap-scores.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-davis/532531-how-send-ap-scores.html</a> )</p>

<p>thanks :)</p>

<p>I assume you will be college freshman this fall. If you want the college to recognize your AP credit, you have to let college board sent an official copy. My guess for the early July 1st deadline is for counseling/scheduling purpose for your 1st semester/quarter.</p>

<p>My child’s college advised that as long as the student have the score (unofficially ok) before the orientation, it should be fine. But the official score can be sent later for college credit purpose. </p>

<p>I also believe that when you order the official score, all the AP results will be sent. Correct me if I’m wrong. So I asked my child to fill out the option to send to the future school, just in case we have to pay when order it later like SAT. :)</p>

<p>Thank you for replying! Yea, I’m a college freshman for 2010-2011! Yes, sending an official copy through college board would involve phoning in, and UCSD requires the scores be sent by July 1st. I didn’t hear anything about unofficial scores being okay for my college unfortunately :frowning: It’s also correct that they send all AP results when you order an official score, but I’m talking about doing that through taking the actual AP test. On the answer test of the AP test, you can ask for the scores to be sent to the college of your choice. I did fill that part out for my scores to be sent to UCSD, however I’m unsure if they will arrive in time considering the due date is July 1st and I don’t receive the scores personally until the third week of July. I don’t know if that also applies to UC’s, because if it does then they won’t receive them in time and I have to call in before then.</p>

<p>pinkberry, according to college board’s AP website, official report are sent by mid-July.</p>

<p>Is it possible UCSD means student to request sending score report by 7/1? If that’s the case, you already did it when marking in your AP test. I suggest you call UCSD to clarify the purpose of the 7/1 deadline since college won’t receive them til mid July practically.</p>

<p>My child’s college has orientation in early July. College knows that the paper report won’t be there, so they ask the student to get the score by phone for the purpose of scheduling during orientation.</p>

<p>Where did you hear of the July 1st deadline? All I’ve seen was a July 15th deadline for AP scores and other scores, transcripts, hepatitis b records, etc</p>

<p>By the way, if we call to send in our scores and only have the AP number from 2009 with us, will they only send 2009’s scores or will they send 2010’s as well? I’m assuming it’ll only send 2009’s, but I’m asking because if you call with your 2010 number then it’ll send 2010’s and 2009’s I think, so I was wondering if it worked the other way around.</p>

<p>i believe the deadline is july 15 for everything (test scores, transcripts, etc.).</p>

<p>the ap report will be cumulative (it will contain the score from every test you’ve ever taken, not just this year’s).</p>