Sending packages to my student

This may seem like a silly question but I can’t find the answer anywhere.

How do I send a package to my student? He didn’t sign up for a PO box because we just don’t anticipate a lot of mail. I thought I heard during NSC that you could send packages directly to the dorm. Is that true? If so, where would it be delivered to? Or do I send it to the student union?

Help!

Here’s the link to the past replies http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/977817-shipping-to-dorms.html I’d double check with the reslife people to make sure this is still valid.

@moiley, Many of the dorms have P.O. boxes on the ground floor that they can rent. Your student might want to share one (and the cost) with a roommate. My son was in Hullabaloo last year and all carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx) dropped off there. He ordered a lot using Amazon Prime because it was easier to do that than to shop sometimes. More info here: http://www.tamucms.com/Products-Services/Mailbox-Rental

If they are in the commoms (Kruger,Aston, Mosher, Dunn) they will need to rent a PO Box at the post office and have letters and small packages use the PO box number and fed ex, usp etc use the post office physical address, while the commons are undergoing construction. Best to find out through reslife for your particular dorm.

Oh gosh, I wish I had known this. I sent a package to my son on Friday 8/19 and someone at A&M signed for it on Monday 8/22 but it hasn’t surfaced yet. I put his White Creek Apartment mailing address on it, any idea who I should contact to find out where it is?

As far as I know you can’t send packages to the dorm, most don’t have an office or desk to accept it. I would suggest getting a PO box even if it’s not used too often. Maybe it can be shared with a roommate or friend? We had one last year at the commons location, the boxes are relocated over there close while it’s under construction. There is also an actual post office on Northside which is the most reliable from what I understand. Amazon is a great way to send things, I used it a lot last year for my daughter…free shipping.

The White Creek apartments are a new thing so I don’t know much about that, it may be different there.

Thank you @ottonolan. I called The Commons Post Office and was told that all packages shipped to the campus are held and picked up at one time. They received something like 10K packages! I’m still missing one box from 8/22 so we’ll likely just get a post office box so that we will not have to worry with future packages being lost.

Thank you! I searched and searched for this information and couldn’t find it.