Sending Test Scores?

Hi everyone! I’m a rising senior who’s applying to college this year and I had a question about sending test scores to UCs.

During my early junior year, I took the SAT and got a 1410. I decided to take a break from the SAT and take the ACT instead, which I got a 34 on. Obviously, I want the colleges I apply to to consider the 34 instead of the 1410, but do I have to send both my SAT AND ACT score to the UCs?

On the official UC website, it says “All prospective freshmen must submit scores from either the ACT with Writing, the SAT or SAT with Essay.” I know the UCs don’t use the score choice policy, but I’m not sure about whether you have to send scores from both the ACT and SAT if you only want one to be considered. I’ll probably contact the admissions office but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this?

It’s EITHER. They want all your ACT scores or all your SATs, but you don’t need to send both. In any case, they use the highest single sitting.

@momneedscoffee is correct in that you only need to send your ACT or SAT scores, not both but all need to have the essay/writing section.

The UC’s will use the highest score from a single sitting, so no superscoring.