Sending Wisconsin Transcripts/Rec's

<p>I just submitted my application to UW-M last night, and it gave me a link for the recommendations that need to be sent (The forms). I had previously printed out a different version of the recommendation for and asked my counselor to fill it out. I have already mailed this version, but the version that I printed at the time of submission asked that the recommendation and transcript be together. I also mailed a transcript (offical) in a completely separate envelope a few weeks ago. My question is, will UW-M accept the recommendation and transcripts even though they arrive in separate envelopes? Will I be screwed if I send the recommendation and transcript out tommorow, even though I have already sent them several weeks ago.</p>

<p>E-mail the admission noting that both will arrive separately. It should be fine.</p>

<p>So I do not need to send a new recommendation and transcript together? Thanks for the advice, I will be calling the admissions office as soon as I get home.</p>

<p>I emailed them about it just now, hopefully it will be okay.</p>

<p>Did anyone else send their recs / transcripts this way too? My school sends trancripts out for us, we just tell them the school so its kind of inconvienent to send the transcripts with the recommendation from our counselor.</p>

<p>Bump...anyone know? I just got an email saying that if they don't recieve all the materials by the application date I may not be considered for admission. I sent all the transcripts and recommendations weeks before the application, but I submitted my application online on 1/31. The thing is...I submitted my transcripts and recommendations separately.</p>

<p>If the other pieces arrived first before you submitted your application, they are probably waiting somewhere to be pulled into your file. It may take the adcom a few days to see if your file is completed. Having that said, if for some reason, your recommendation and/or transcripts are not found, you would have to pledge (very nicely) that you have sent them and hope they will let you re-submit those. </p>

<p>I don't want to sound discouraging here. I trust that you have a very good reason ... but you are doing yourself a disservice by submitting your application to a highly competitive school this late and allow a minor issue like this derailing your entire application. Try to stay positive and help the adcom to complete your file and do their jobs. Good luck!</p>

<p>thanks for the comment dallas808. I called the admissions office yesterday and they told me that it is fine that I sent them separately. I know that I should have submitted the application earlier, but these past few weeks have been a killer (SAT's,tests,EC's). I know everyone else goes through these stuggles as well, but this week has been the only real week which i've had time to sit down and actually complete the application.</p>