Senior Awards Night

<p>They sent the certificates to the school? We’ve not received anything</p>

<p>Some schools hand them out at honors assemblies, or graduation. Your GC should have a nice red padded folder with the scholarship(s) inside.</p>

<p>Actually, Chardo, we are coming from a public high school in West St. Louis County, but I could probably guess the Christian high school. (I am thinking DeSmet or CBC) :slight_smile: We have many excellent private schools in the area too. Chances are those suitemates probably know one of our kids from youth sports teams, etc.</p>

<p>RTR…does the school do any kind of senior awards or anything? That’s when the things are usually presented. Ask the GC.</p>

<p>Yes, we already had our senior honors night.</p>

<p>I know when my D was a senior the guidance department handed them out at graduation practice.</p>

<p>They have the Senior Awards during the day and really like to keep it going and seem to concentrate on our local and statewide scholarships. Family members representing the scholarships usually present the award on behalf of their loved ones or group.</p>

<p>D was surprised to get it. It is beautiful! Just saying every school has different guidelines!</p>

<p>My rep was at my school today to present me with my Nat’l Merit and Engineering Scholarships! The funniest part of it all was that people were pretty impressed by the numbers, but there were audible gasps/murmurs at the mention of the iPad. Sigh. . . I don’t know if people are aware that full tuition/room/$1000 stipends/summer abroad translates to a whole lot more than $750. Haha!</p>

<p>She was so nice, and her appearance was totally unexpected - no other schools sent anyone. I gave a hearty “Roll Tide” when I went to accept it! Way to go, 'Bama! I’m proud to have chosen to roll with you next year. :)</p>

<p>Congrats TNTide5!! We’re proud you’re rolling with us as well.</p>

<p>Every time I read a new thread, I actually gasp at the extraordinary level of personal care extended by UA and its extended family.</p>

<p>Less than TWO WEEKS to go until the big TOUR!!!</p>

<p>The tires are balanced and READY TO ROLL!!!</p>

<p>TNTide5: Congratulations, how terrific!!</p>

<p>We just got back from senior awards night at my Ds school. We couldn’t believe that a rep from Alabama was at her school to present her scholarship for being a NMF. The audience gave her a standing ovation. We are far from Bama country but the school got some great publicity this evening. All were in awe of the scholarship. The personal attention Alabama gave my D was greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>^^^Believe it! Roll Tide and congratulations!</p>

<p>^^ BayArea: Congratulations to your D. What a nice surprise for you both. RTR!!</p>

<p>Congrats to your daughter. It’s great she was able to get the recognition she deserves for being one of the best and brightest. And I love the fact that UA continues to impress. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>^^^Congrats to your daughter and “the personal touch” is part of what makes us love Bama!!</p>

<p>Our rep, Michelle Zumpano, surprised us by showing up at senior awards. I can say it was one of the highlights of my life. If I hadn’t been so dumbfounded I might have stood up and said something to all Bama bashers in the crowd. As it was I only managed a “Roll Tide”.</p>

<p>Kaylynsmom, I am SURE this will be an experience you will never forget. I call those ENMs…(Empty Nest Memories) and my husband kids me, but I know when the time comes, that special moments like the one UA orchestrated at Kaylyn’s Awards ceremony will be one of yours. </p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>