Senior grades?

Hi I heard stories about people’s acceptances getting revoked because they failed to pass their classes. I’m currently in a bad spot as I have 3 C’s 2 B’s and 1 D. I’m worried about my D getting in way of me going to college but the main question I wanted to ask is my teacher says that if I get a 4 or 5 on my AP test he’ll raise my grade from a D to an A, but the thing i’m scared about is the fact that since AP test scores usually get released late into May will it not count? Or will UC’s take that into consideration and make a bargain with me that if I do manage to raise my D to an A i can attend their school?

For the UC’s (except UCLA/UCB), their provisional admission contract states that you need to maintain a 3.0 weighted GPA with no D’s or F’s. For UCLA/UCB, their provisional contract states you need to maintain an unweighted GPA of 3.0, no more than 2 C’s and no D’s or F’s.

Having your 1 D Senior year will put any acceptances into jeopardy so you really need to buckle down and that grade up to a C- at least. The UC’s will not see your final transcript until after you graduate, but you do need to inform the UC you plan to attend about your D grade. A D will not automatically rescind your acceptance and most schools are willing to work with you for alternates, but there are no guarantees.

I am surprised your teacher is willing to raise your grade from a D to an A. Most teachers are willing to bump up one grade for getting a good score on the AP exam. Either way, you are taking a risk since there is no guarantee that you will get a 5 on the AP exam. Best course of action is not get that D grade now. Get a tutor, do extra credit or work with the teacher. Do anything to raise the grade.

Depends on what AP class that D is for. If its for Calculus AB/BC, then you’ll just need to email admissions for the school you’ve been accepted to and let them know that you got a D and ask if you will be rescinded.

I was at risk of getting an F for my calc BC class during my second semester of senior year when I was accepted by Davis/SB. Emailed both schools and both of them told me to not worry about it since its technically an elective.
If its any other class, then do the same thing(email 'em and let them know) but only AFTER you’ve been accepted.