Senior year AP classes

So I have a course plan for my senior year: art( hobby), US Gov( graduation requirement class), AP Chem, AP calc BC, AP literature, seminar and one more.
I want to choose between AP physics 1 and AP psych, which one should I do? If you have experience, pls share!

Have you taken any level of physics yet? If not, I’d suggest physics. If you already have taken a year of physics, then whichever you prefer would be fine.

What is your potential major?
As mentioned, have you taken physics?
Are you interested in psychology?

Between Calc BC and Chem, this is already pretty demanding. If you are planning to go into natural sciences, engineering, etc., then Physics would be better if your guidance counselor feels you can manage - but for business, comp sci etc., Psych would be just fine and allow you to better focus on Calc BC

What majors are you interested in in college?
What colleges are you interested in?
Have you completed level 3 or 4 of a foreign language ?
Have you taken honors physics or freshman physics?

I transferred here from China during my sophomore year and I’ve taken 1 year of physics in 9th grade there, and a semester of physics in sophomore if you want to count that.

I’m not sure, but probably in the medical field? I’ve taken 1.5 years of physics in China before I transferred here.
And yeah, psychology sounds fun!

Oh gosh, I have no idea what I want to major in… maybe bio or economics?
I transferred here from China so I think my Chinese is good enough for a “foreign language” in high school at least.
No, but in China, we have compulsory physics and I’ve been taking it for 3 semesters before I transferred here.

1 Like

If you already have a year and a half of physics, there is no reason to take AP Physics 1. With AP Chem you already have a science, so feel free to take AP Psych.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the reply!

I second that, AP psych is a great choice then. :+1:

1 Like