Senior year course change

i’m currently in ap physics c, and i want to switch to dual enrollment discrete math (discrete is a semester long class, so i can transfer mid year). i applied to a lot of T20s and UCs. do i have to update the colleges now, or can i wait until after i get in? if i have to update now, will it affect my chances of getting in?

thanks so much in advance!

Yes

Probably not

3 Likes

I think you’re better off reporting now. It likely will not affect your chances of acceptances. But, if you decide not to tell them, and you are accepted and THEN tell them, there’s a (probably quite small?) risk of the offer being rescinded because you were accepted based on your “promise” to take the courses you listed on your application.

We just listened to UvA deans IG thing she does every week. She said for Ed accepted- any senior year course change needs to be shared with them because they may disagree with the change and if the change happens without their consult or agreement, I’m inferring could be rescinded. They said the acceptance was based on the schedule they received - so if considering of changing she said they need to be consulted first. I’m taking that if changing the schedule prob prudent to send an update to all schools you applied if you don’t want to risk rescinding of offers.

1 Like