Senior Year: Doing Bad

<p>I need some advice please. I was accepted to Alabama in November. They accepted me having around a 3.6 GPA (90-92). I don’t know what has happened to me but my senior year grades are so bad. I had an 87 the first quarter and now I have a 68 in Physics and mostly 80s in all my classes. I am so nervous that Alabama will revoke my admission or something along those lines. I am making a stride to do better in the third quarter but I have alreadyh ruined by record. Will Alabama do anything for grades failing 5-8 points senior year. I am so nervous!!</p>

<p>I’d like to tell you to relax, but I don’t want to encourage senioritis. lol</p>

<p>However, you’re not in danger of having your acceptance revoked at this point. </p>

<p>That said, “hit the books”</p>

<p>Thank you. I was nervous that they would take away my honors college admission or my admission in general. I want to be there so badly and I can’t believe I did this bad</p>

<p>Dustin, I do not believe you are in danger of losing your admission or honors college status. That said, as the mother of a senior, let me give you some of the best advice I’ve heard given to my son. The first 3 years of high school get you into college, your senior year sets you up for success your first year at college. I know you’re tired, and probably discouraged by a less than stellar fall semester, but put that behind you and finish strong so you’re well prepared to work along side the many strong students who will be in your classes next fall. Make what’s left of your senior year something you can be proud of!</p>

<p>I feel I am very prepared for college. I was going through some stuff the begining of the quater which made be become un interested in school. I am back on track and am hoping to finish the year with great grades and being at Alabama with great grades. Thank you so much for your support It has really calmed me down</p>

<p>Absolutely, work hard…finish Strong! You can do it…remember college is about both scheduling your time (yes, the dreaded time management) and working very hard. stay on track now, so college will be manageable. You certainly need to focus more! Again, you can do it!</p>

<p>I’m forwarding this thread to my senior - nice job parents!</p>