Senior Year GPA

<p>Just got accepted to UCLA but have a 2.82 unweighted GPA first semester. The requirement is average unweighted GPA 3.0 Senior year. I wonder if its the average of the whole senior year or each semester of senior year. Thank you.</p>

<p>It’s both semesters. You need a 3.0 unweighted GPA across both semesters so try a bit harder and good luck :)</p>

<p>Should be for the year, although students tell me they get different answers every time they call. I would recommend calling and ask whether you should report the GPA. If so, send a message and make sure you include an explanation and also indicate that you expect to do much better this semester.</p>

<p>So, does this mean that you have to have a 3.0 for each semester, or an average for senior year of a 3.0? For example, if you got 2.6 one semester and 3.6 the second semester, it would be OK, or would that still put you in jeopardy because one semester you dropped below 3.0 for that semester only?</p>

<p>did you have any D’s or F’s? cause i know that your in danger if you get any of those</p>

<p>@crizello, UCLA phrased it this way: “If you received any D or F grades or an excess number of C grades, or if your senior year unweighted GPA will fall below 3.00.” (It was referring to when you should contact UCLA to report changes.) Given that UCLA said “senior year,” one can assume that the average of the two semesters for the year should be 3.0 or better.</p>

<p>Hi guys. I called UCLA last week and they informed me as long as you have less than three Cs you are fine. I told them about my grade and they told me I am fine as long as I dont receive Cs or lower second semester</p>

<p>Glad to hear it!</p>

<p>Just for clarification, lets say my GPA from freshmen year to junior year has been a 4.0 unweighted. If I get a 3.0 senior year or get a couple of C’s, will I still be OK?</p>

<p>@david wang the email I received says this:
if you have any conerns, you should report to UCLA office, they will contact you in 15 business days.</p>

<p>(i) If you dropped any courses which were listed on your application.
(ii) If you changed any courses which were listed on your application.
(iii) If you received any D or F grades, or if your senior year un-weighted GPA will fall below 3.00.
(iv) If you fail to meet the provisions of your admission contract.
(v) If you have received a specific admission provision contract please follow the guidelines of your provision.
(vi) If you are unable to complete any of the requirements on your contract please notify our office immediately.</p>