senior year grades

<p>Alright i dont kno if anyone will be able to answer this but I am wondering how bad i would have to do to get my acceptance taken away. Does Miami do this at all? I got a 4.0 first semester but this second semester is going awful as senioritis hit. Do I have a chance to have my admission rescinded? Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>my letter of admission said at the end:</p>

<p>PS:
"your official acceptance is pending receit and review of your final high school transcript"</p>

<p>They will look at ur grades however what action they take depends on ur degree of senioritis. there are various scenarios i imagine:</p>

<p>A) you still have some A's however a ton of B's. In this case, I think this will be fine. They wont be thrilled but they wont do anythign either. </p>

<p>B) You have a mix of A's B's and C's. Wont be a problem either.</p>

<p>C) You have more C's than B's and A's combined. this might be a problem as ur drop is more than a grade letter. However not to the extent that they withdraw their offer. At the most (30% chance in my opinion) they will put u into some sort of probation. Also u could lose scholarship</p>

<p>D) you have a D or an F: in this case, I would worry. If its just one D/F and the rest are A's and B's then I think what would happen is probation (60% chance). Definately lose scholarship (80% chance). </p>

<p>F) ur overall GPA drops below a 3.0. In this case u might be in severe trouble. 60% chance ur in probation and 40% chance ur denied entrance. </p>

<p>Overall:
UM does not want to rescind offers. It would definately affect them negatively because you have tuition tthey need to pay faculty, fund construction, etc.. Also they want to fill up as much space on the class as possible. Overall, the chances of ur offer being flat out rescinded is highly unlikely. they definately wont rescind more than 10 ppl's offers out of a class of 2,000 so that gives u a rough idea of ur chances. However dont go failing a class and test me on this :D It would really suck for the school ur commited to going to ends up pulling the plug on u ;)</p>

<p>Oh yea for scenario F: I meant if the overall High school GPA, due to ur senior year grades falls below 3.0. Not if ur senior year gpa is below a 3.0.</p>

<p>umm... if they take your admission back they will just go to the waitlist. dont think that a school wont hesitate to take it back. however a school like miami is prob less strict than stanford.</p>

<p>I doubt they will take out more than 10 ppl. its never happened. therefore, if its only 10 ppl at the most out of like 2000 kids, then chances are really low. But eitherway, dont test them :D</p>