Serious / year round soccer player - boarding school option?

New Hampshire actually. :slight_smile:

All those states above MA are basically interchangeable. :slight_smile:

New Vermaineshire. :smile:

One of the things I remember from our Kimball Union visit was how accommodating they were of kids’ passions. They basically told us, they would “figure it out and make it work” if your kid had an unusual extracurricular activity that they didn’t offer. They gave examples of going to Dartmouth for Chess and to a community program for swimming.

I am a Northwood school Senior this year. I am not a soccer player, but an alpine ski racer. It’s a great place and amazing location, small mountain town of 2000 (although get ready for it to get VERY cold). You can get to know the teachers and everyone is nice. The soccer program is impressive and they have a half-size field house to practice in the winter. The academics are pretty good and kind of let you shape what you want to do (like I am a roboticst) and I have seen people get into amazing colleges (two of my best friends are going to Cornell and know other people going to Dartmouth and the like), although its not like you have to worry about academics to get in. The kids are very diverse (although general affluence is the norm) between the soccer, hockey, skiing teams and the academics’, artists, and internationals there is a group of people for pretty much everyone. Northwood truly is a great place, and gives good financial aid to anyone who needs it.

(i thought this was posted in 2020 haha)

You just need to check each school’s requirement. @cinnamon1212 ‘s experience with her son being able to take strength and conditioning etc has not been ours. Some schools are more serious about their rules than others - there is a huge variety with this. Ask and ask again.

3 posts were split to a new thread: Serious Soccer Player and Boarding School