Sewanee for Fall 2023?

We were excited that our daughter got admitted to Sewanee with a generous EQB scholarship. It looks like a new President with old ties is on his way in. I’m surprised that there don’t seem to be any recent posts about Sewanee on this forum. Is anyone else currently considering this college? What are the pros/cons? My daughter is a bit worried about the isolation, but that isolation seems to make the community super tight-knit. Do you have to be an outdoorsy person to enjoy your experience at this school?

1 Like

My D24 is very interested in Sewanee. She is a recruited athlete who loves the outdoors (summer camp girl). The school is remote, but the kids that go there all seem to love the clos-knit community and the wonderful surroundings.

1 Like

I have a 2025 student at Sewanee and it has been a great choice. Excellent classes, great friends and loads going on despite their size. A lot of opportunity for research, internships and study abroad. My student has truly blossomed there. Please PM me if you want more info.

3 Likes