Sexuality

<p>Are gay/lesbian/bisexual students generally accepted at Geneseo by their peers ?</p>

<p>I can’t speak for those at Geneseo but I am attending this fall and I am very accepting of different lifestyles!</p>

<p>When I visited, I was pretty sure my tour guide was gay and he seemed to be pretty happy with the school. It has a reputation of being a pretty liberal school, and since it’s a liberal arts college in New York, it probably lives up to that reputation. I’d say someone who is gay/lesbian/bisexual would be perfectly fine in Geneseo, but then again I don’t go there either (yet) so I can’t be sure.</p>

<p>Yeah, there’s quite a few gay people here. Don’t worry about it, there’s a generally accepting attitude here.</p>

<p>Hey, congratulations! I’m also a prospective student but I have a couple of friends up there and out of the five kids I know, two of them are gay and very happy. College in general are usually liberal, especially in New York, so don’t let the upstate-hick reputation deter you!</p>

<p>Mad gay people in this school. but its okay they are all nice and really chills! theres one that lives down the corridor from me. he’s a nice dude</p>

<p>Great, thanks for the honest answers everyone ! :)</p>

<p>I made an account just so I can reply to this thread. I just graduated from Geneseo and I must share with you my experience in this topic. I’m from NYC and when I came to college I was already out. To my relief, the campus is very much gay-friendly and liberal minded. However, due to their family background and where majority of the students came from (upstate, long island), I strongly suspect most of the gays and lesbians that should be out are not out. But the campus LGBT group, Geneseo Pride, is very active and puts on a variety of shows (Second chance prom, Drag ball, Pride dinner, and activism projects). </p>

<p>My friends and I made a It Gets Project video where we got students, professors, deans, and even our school president to share their message of support for the LGBT students. So as you can see the school tries very hard to make everyone feel accepted and welcomed.
[YouTube</a> - ‪SUNY Geneseo- It Gets Better Project‬‏](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>If anyone needs more information please feel free to contact me! Four years ago I definitely had my share of skepticism, but now I can say with pride that Geneseo is a wonderful school that deserves to be known and celebrated.</p>