Sfsu chances

I’m an out of state applicant with a 2.98(csu) and a 1120(sat). Recently i was emailed about my transcripts for my firs semester of senior year, i received a 3.4 last semester and combined the two to a gpa of 3.06 do you think my chances of getting in are up there?

Primarily, SFSU are looking for an average B- to mid B students. Looking how you have a C+ average, that can also alter your admissions. I got admitted on February 13th, 2019.

Here are my stats:

CSU GPA: 3.55 Weighted, 3.33 unweighted
AP Exams: English Language and Composition (2) and Calculus AB (4).
SAT: 1150
Major: Computer Science

Are you in or out of state

Wondering my chances to SFSU if I have a 3.5 Gpa and a 970 SAT

Thank You

@jtchang:
Intended major?
Is your 3.5 GPA your CSU capped weighted GPA?

SFSU is a non-impacted campus so if you meet the minimum Eligibility index of 2950, you should get an acceptance unless you are applying to any Impacted majors listed below:

Accounting Concentration in Business
Health Education
Industrial Design (Product Design and Development)
Kinesiology (Exercise and Movement Sciences)
Kinesiology- Integrated Teacher Education Program in PE (ITEP)
BSN Nursing
Psychology
Social Work
Pre-Nursing
Visual Communication Design

Yes it’s my CSU gpa and I applied for kinesiology which is impacted. Do you think the impacted major will hurt my chances by a lot?

@jtchang: I think your SAT of 970 will hurt your chances more than the 3.5 which is a respectable GPA.

SFSU admits by eligiblity index and major. You will be ranked based on your major and EI so your chances will be based on how you compare to the other applicants. (3.5 x800) + (970)= 3770 EI which can be a competitive.

Make sure you apply widely and several safety schools on your list. If you are local (in SFSU’s service area) then you get priority but not guaranteed for impacted majors.

Best of luck.

[quote]
local admission guarantee area to include students from nine Bay Area counties: San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Solano, Napa and Sonoma counties.

Ok thank you I’m from SoCal and man just hope I get in really want to go to SFSU