SFSU Fall 21, will I get in?

Hi! I’m an international student, came to Seattle Central College from Sweden at the beginning of 2019. I have since then transferred out to a state school in Minnesota, but don’t feel like it’s my place in the world. My girlfriend lives in San Francisco and I LOVE the city, and I have applied to SFSU for fall 21, but now stress a lot about getting in.

My GPA from Seattle is 3.5 (current college GPA will probably be the same or higher), I will have the golden 4’s done (math class this spring in Minnesota), applying to Visual Communication Design which is no longer an impacted major. I have talked to admissions counselors and such, and they all basically say that I don’t have to worry, but would love some students’ experiences and some calming words as well. Have I missed anything?

The average Transfer GPA for SFSU was 3.0 so you are well above the average. You should have no problem in getting an acceptance.

https://future.sfsu.edu/admissions/transfers

SFSU is not an impacted campus, so applicants to non-impacted majors should only need to meet minimum CSU eligibility requirements to be admitted.

Asking as I’m an international and not 100% understood with the whole college admission process; so take SFSU as of last year where they apparently admitted around 78% of transfer students. Would that mean that a whopping 22% didn’t have a GPA of over 2.0? Or does it mean they didn’t necessarily have the golden 4s?

Or they applied for impacted majors that required a higher (unlisted) GPA.

Alright, thank you!

Seeing as there are quite a few impacted majors, that makes more sense. Having gone through transfer to a design program at uni before, I’m surprised (but also relieved I guess haha) that the Visual Communication Design program is lifted from impacted majors.