Share Your Favorite Part Of UW-Madison

Hi all, I’m interested in applying to UW but before I submit my application I was curious to see what everyone’s favorite aspect of the university is. So, if you could share your favorite part about UW (this could be anything!) I would really appreciate it!

Terrace at Memorial Union and the ice cream at Babcock - I think they sell it at several locations on campus now. Two for you.

So hard to choose just one. Absolutely nothing beats gameday in Madison or the student section, but if sports aren’t really your thing, there’s still plenty. Two distinct neighborhoods for living as a freshman (Lakeshore being the more laid back, quiet suburban feel and Southeast being the city, social feel) means there’s really a dorm for everyone - even within the neighborhoods. Yeah, there’s the stuff they show you on the tour - Bascom Hill, East Campus Mall, the Unions, the Terrace, the great food and variety of living arrangements, all of the beautiful locations on campus and the world class educational experience - but really what’s made me love Madison is the people who go here. Yeah, college in general is an opportunity to make new friends and expand your horizons (sounds really watered down, I know) but it’s so easy in Madison because everyone just loves you for who you are. It’s a really diverse and special mix of people who love to live life to the fullest but also really care about preparing themselves for the future and receiving a quality education. No matter who you are or what your interests are, you’ll find a home here. So to answer your question, I love football games and the student section at Camp Randall, I love a nice walk down by the lake, I love the dedicated professors and TAs always willing to help, and the list goes on - but what I love most about this place is the people. Good luck on your college search!