Sharing apartment in West Lafayette

<p>Hi everyone. My name is Mattias and I’m from Sweden. The upcoming academic year I’ll be studying at Purdue, mainly engineering courses. I’ve been googling and surfing around for quite some time now looking for a good solution regarding the housing problem. </p>

<p>I’m guaranteed a doorm, but I don’t feel interested in that. The best solution for me would be sharing an apartment or house (which seems quite common) with some people. I don’t think the problem is finding an apartment, but rather finding people to live with. So I’m joining the this forum to see if anyone has any idea about this. I meet an american recently and she had the name of a good site, but I forgot the name. So what I would like to know is:</p>

<li><p>Is it easy to find an apartment (within 30 min biking distance from Uni)?</p></li>
<li><p>Is there some way to find people who would like to share an apartment (a good website, or maybe you?)?</p></li>
<li><p>Is the living situation normally solved upon arrival or before?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thank you very much!</p>

<p>Kind regards from Sweden,
Mattias</p>

<p>Okay so heres my tips to you. </p>

<h1>1 You should first look for an apartment as soon as possible since apartments/houses get full really fast since alot of people live off campus and Purdue is over 40k students.</h1>

<h1>2 You can look for apartments by going on places like Facebook's Marketplace where people would post if they need roommates/subleasers. Apartment</a> Rental and Sublease Search for Purdue University and West Lafayette and Lafayette is also another good site to look for it.</h1>

<h1>3 Theres alot of apartments and houses that are available near campus. The ones that are on-campus or really close to it is quite expensive. There are a few popular ones that are 30 minutes biking distance from the campus. The more popular and better apartments are College Station/Campus Suites inwhich has busing from the apartments to campus and back. However, its better to have a car when you live in those apartments.</h1>

<h1>4 Try to get a car since your life can be much easier. Everything here is quite spread out and having a bike is nothing if you plan on living off-campus. Purchase a used/new car then sell it to a dealership when you graduate. During the summer months if you go back home, then just get a storage place and drive your car into the storage. That's what a few of my friends do.</h1>

<p>Thank you!
Maybe I'm forced to get a facebook account then. I didn't think it was such a rush for apartments, maybe it will be harder then I imagined. Maybe I have to accept living in a doorm. ****.</p>

<p>Oh well, I could always live in a tent somewhere :)</p>

<p>Thank you again! Any more ideas?</p>

<p>I'm also from Sweden! </p>

<p>I think the website you are seeking is craig list, perhaps?
craigslist:</a> lafayette / west lafayette classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events</p>

<p>Good Luck, and as mentioned before--I have also heard that they fill out fast.</p>

<p>Thank you, exactly the website I was looking for!</p>