Shipping IKEA items

<p>I have checked past posts with regard to shipping items to the UPS Store, but I haven’t had my concern answered completely. I’m hoping that someone who is more of a “veteran” than my S is with apartment living can help with my question…</p>

<p>We plan to purchase a bed frame and a larger dresser from IKEA here in Ohio. Because space is limited when we move S into his apartment in August, I was hoping to have IKEA ship the boxes to the UPS store where we can then pick them up. Does anyone have experience with shipping these types of larger boxes, and if so, would you kindly clue us in as to how to accomplish this??? If our plan is possible, how long will UPS hold the packages? Also, feel free to offer to come to the apartment to help with assembly (always a joy if you are familiar with IKEA!!) HAHA!!!</p>

<p>Many thanks, and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>i don’t know the answer to your question, but isn’t shipping that kind of stuff expensive?</p>

<p>I used the UPS store last year. They held my boxes for a month for $5 per box. my boxes were large 50 pound boxes. I would suggest calling them directly and asking about the big boxes. They were very nice. Here is their info:
1130 UNIVERSITY BLVD STE B9
TUSCALOOSA, AL 35401
Phone: (205)248-0290
<a href="mailto:store3766@theupsstore.com">store3766@theupsstore.com</a></p>