Shooting!?

<p>Wow..I've never even heard of a college shooting. I'm sure everyone's heard the news by now. 1 confirmed dead, at least 17 others "injured". It's the top story at <a href="http://www.msnbc.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.msnbc.com&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I pray for all of the students, faculty, and their families of Virginia Tech.</p>

<p>^^never? University of Iowa had one about 15 years ago. A chinese grad student opened fire and killed some prominent faculty, like the chair of the pyhsics dep't, a major administrative figure, another professor and a few grad students before turning the gun on himself.</p>

<p>I just heard the news conference, and they said around 20 fatalities. They also said the shooter turned the gun on himself as well. That is absolutely crazy</p>

<p>this is the second shooting in one year for tech...just awful</p>

<p>22 confirmed dead the shooter is apparently part of that number....so sad</p>

<p>Are all the members here that currently attend VT safe?</p>

<p>I just got the message, what happened...?</p>

<p>Just saw it on my TV Set.....terrible stuff. Its the biggest shootout in colleges till now.</p>

<p>My prayers to anyone affected by this horrendous event. My heart bleeds for the families who are trying to find out if their loved ones are safe. Thank goodness for cell phones, which have allowed many to alert their families that they're okay!</p>

<p>It's so upsetting to think about because I know so many of my friends that are going next year..and that go right now..and none of us can find out if they're okay. The fact that they have confirmed roughly 22 deaths is tragic..i still can't believe it.</p>

<p>My thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this tragedy.</p>

<p>(In response to above, I meant I had never heard of a MAJOR school shooting, I had hearf of Kent State (but police did that) and the Texas sniper thing, but those weren't like this.)</p>

<p>I can't believe the number is up to 22 already...four of my friends attend VT, and one is an engineering major..</p>

<p>We were there yesterday for the Hokie Focus. To anyone on this board who attends VTech - you are great kids and we were so impressed with everything about you and the school. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.</p>

<p>what is really upsetting is that the second shooting took place two hours after the first shooting...since 1 person died in the first shooting at the dorms and the rest died in the second shooting I don't understand why they didn't clear the campus when they were investigating the dorm shooting???</p>

<p>up to 32...RIP</p>

<p>32? </p>

<p>29 injured and 22 killed is the CNN information right now. </p>

<p>luvvtoolearn , I agree . This is exactly what Jason Piatt , a student mentioned on CNN. Why wasnt the campus cleared?</p>

<p>Fox News is the agency reporting 32. My heart really goes out to all the families of VT students.</p>

<p>My condolences to those lost... this is just awful. Losing a family member is painful and I can't imagine what families and friends must be going through right now. I pray everyone stays strong through this horrible event</p>

<p>I was browsing some of the comments threads on the news websites...some of the students have started to send in comments because they are still in lockdown in their rooms. They said that they heard there were allot more than 22 as well...well know for sure in a few hours when they get a final count.</p>

<p>We just toured Va. Tech on Thursday and were so impressed with the engineering department and the beautiful campus. Our tour guide was bragging about how safe the campus is and how they don't even lock the dorms until 10 p.m. This is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and students.</p>