Shopping in Tuscaloosa across the miles :)

<p>I wanted to share a little tidbit of what I, as a professional shopper (my husband has dubbed me this title), find just wonderful about Tuscaloosa. Every so often I love to give my daughter, her friends and boyfriend a “little treat” for all the hard work they do. I have discovered that The Shirt Shop, The Locker Room, Black Warrior Outdoors, Ellie Crimson and Private Gallery will all let you order gift cards over the phone. they then hold them for your student to come in and pick up and shop! Since it’s snowing today I called and did this for DD, her boyfriend and her best friend…just a Happy Snow Day surprise. I thought I’d share because so many on here are from OOS and I just love the concept. I know that several others have shared about different food establishments being very helpful as well.</p>

<p>Great idea, ahpimommy. Can I give you my D’s name to add to your list? Just kidding. I actually found the same thing about several shops last year. My D was having a very busy day when one of her rainboots split down the back at the seam. It seems the cute rainboots I sent weren’t so durable. We had previously seen a great pair of rain boots at Expeditions and were able to pay for them and have her pick them up.</p>