Short Term Lease Apartments

My son is a sophomore and living in the University Apartments this year. We have started looking at options for next year as he doesn’t really want to live in the University Apartments again. Can anyone recommend apartments that allow for short term leases (9.5 months). All of my sons internships are out of College Station and we hate to rent a place for the summer when he won’t be there.

There are VERY few of those, we found one that was 9 months but not a day over, so we opted for the 12month lease. Lease amount is different, so they charged more for the 9 months vs. the 12 for the same apartment. Most leases begin Aug 1 - July 25 (the in-between is for cleaning etc). Vast majority of leases are 12 months, many are vacant for June, July & August…says the mom who had not one but TWO vacant apartments in College Station in one summer!!

Thanks AGmomx2. I’m pushing my son to consider the campus housing again. They are more expensive on a month-to-month comparison, but they offer 9.5 month leases. His first internship was out of town and we expect the others will be too. He doesn’t plan on taking any summer classes… at least not yet.

FWIW, the price of on campus for 9.5 months can be more than the 12 month leases. You might want to see if he likes any of the lower priced housing options. The lease my son signed (truly no frills) is less - we looked at both.