Should I apply for Questbridge

I’m wondering If I should even take a gander at applying for questbridge. I got a letter from them and it sounds like a great opportunity.

My stats are 3.5 GPA
1230 SAT

Are my stats too low to even try to apply?

We need more info…

Is your 3.5 GPA weighted or unweighted? What proportion of your classes have been honors or APs?

Are you an underrepresented minority? Is family income below $65K/year?

Sorry,
My unweighted GPA is 3.5. My weighted is a 5.4
I’ve taken 6 AP Classes my whole school career. I got a 5 for one Ap class the rest were 3’s.
I’ve taken 10 honors classes.
I’m African American and my family makes 61K a year.

1 Like

Information I forgot to add.

My unweighted GPA is 3.5. My weighted is a 5.4
I’ve taken 6 AP Classes my whole school career. I got a 5 for one Ap class the rest were 3’s.
I’ve taken 10 honors classes.
I’m African American and my family makes 61K a year.

One more question…What is your class rank (if your HS ranks)?

If you think you have enough time to do a good job on the QB application, which is due in about 4 weeks, then I encourage you to do so.

You probably should apply test optional…do you have a HS guidance counselor who can help you? Ask for two teacher recs ASAP if you haven’t already.

Go to this page for detailed directions: QuestBridge | Materials & Videos

2 Likes

I’m in the top 15% percent of my class. Thank you for the advice. I do have a guidance counselor but there are so many kids in my school that’s it is hard to schedule a meeting with them but I will try.

Even though most QB finalists have a higher GPA and class rank, I still think it could be worthwhile for you to apply, assuming you have the time to devote to making a top notch application. Read the materials at that link above. Thoughts @MYOS1634?

1 Like

I will do that, thank you so much. Your advice was greatly appreciated.

1 Like

What majors are you interested in?
What APs did you take?
What’s your school’s average SAT or their % students who go to 4year colleges?
Where else are you applying?

What colleges from the QB list are you thinking of?
I assume you know Harvard and co are off limits, but a full ride to some colleges is not impossible.

1 Like

Sorry for the late answer

I’m interested in biology, biochemistry, and public health. I want to become an OBGYN.
I took AP human geography, Ap Biology, AP chemistry. AP Psychology, AP Physics 1, and Ap statistics.
My school’s average SAT is 934.
65% of the students of my school go to a 4-year college.
I’m also applying to Marquette University, UW Milwaukee, UIUC, and UIC.
I’m thinking of hopefully matching to Oberlin, Grinnell, Denison, and Colorado College, and Wellesley College.

Do you live in WI or IL?
Do you qualify for any of the “free tuition promise” program?
Marquette, UIUC, UIC, UWM dont “meet need” so they may not be affordable.
If your 3s were in ap chem, bio, and physics, either your GC can explain almost everyone at your school gets a 1 or 2 or you’re better off not submitting any score.
Make sure your school’s average score appears in youe school profile as completed by your GC.
I think that you’ll be more competitive for Public Health or Global Health than biochem.
If you’re interested in Women’s Colleges, include more than Wellesley.
Explore more LACs from the list?