Should I apply here?

So I have a 3.98 GPA Unweighted and a 32 ACT. I’m out of state (Seattle) and I’ve already got in to UMN which has similar rankings and is a lot cheaper. UW would be $45k and UMN would be around $35k but it might be less with scholarships. Does UW give good FA? My parents won’t pay $45k but maybe $30-35k. I really love this school but money is the only issue

No, don’t count on OOS state cost for UW of $30k - $35k.

Okay, thank you!

http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg03_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1703

apparently ~38% of entering freshmen receive need based aid averaging ~$13K
and ~8% of entering freshmen receive merit only air averaging about $4K NOTE unlike other schools you might not be automatically placed into the merit pool … you might have to apply

What about UDub? I thought the campus had a very similar feel to UW-Madison and I believe their average merit-only based package is over $7K. Academically, the schools are similar too. Madison is better in engineering and Washington is better in medicine.

I’m just applying to backup schools in case I don’t get in to UDub. Udub is my number 1 choice though and I’m instate so it would be only 12,000 a year

What is your projected FAFSA EFC?

Have you tried UW’s NPC?

Nothing good. I tried the NPC. I won’t be applying here as much as I want to :frowning:

Understandable- many students go to their instate flagship for financial reasons.