Should i apply now or later?

<p>Hi,
I am caught up in a bit of a dilemma. I graduated from highschool early (as I was homeschooled) and decided to do my first year of college in a community college ( as I am a bit younger than most). I wanted to know if I should ust finish one year at the community college, or do the full two years. If I do one year, by the time I apply I'll only have around 30 credits ( with a 4.0), I'm applying to virginia tech, and they most likely will give admission, but since the credits are a little low I most likely won't get the scholarships I want. If I apply after doing 2 years, with 60 credits, I could apply to better schools with better scholarships. However, I am doing pre med, and therefore I want to go to an above average but not GREAT school ( to lower competition). Virginia tech seems like the perfect choice, a downside to finishing two years is that the med schools I apply will look a bit down on the more science courses I take at a community college rather then a university. Please tell me what you guys think, thanks!</p>

<p>Apply Now!</p>

<p>What kind of scholarships are you talking about? Are they from Virginia Tech? If so, in my experience Tech’s biggest scholarships are reserved for incoming freshmen, not transfer students. If you go on the Financial Aid forum, this seems to be custom with most universities.</p>

<p>I’ve inquired at some VA grad/med schools about taking courses at another university…it’s not as big of a deal as people think. Especially since some of it is circumstantial. From the professionals I’ve spoken with, as long as you know your material for the MCAT and prove yourself with your other classes (like get As in community college science and continue to get As at the university you go to) then you should be fine.</p>

<p>

I can’t comment on this but this seems like a topic appropriate for the grad/med school forum. My interpretation of grad/med school admissions is that your competition isn’t who you go to school with, but the people who are applying to the same programs as you.</p>