Should I Apply Now?

<p>Hey everybody I was wondering if now would be be a good time to apply to Bama.
Stats:
3.37 Unweighted GPA w/honors and AP classes
600 CR SAT 440 M (Taking again in Nov.)
Taking the ACT later this month
Plenty of EC’s</p>

<p>I’m an oos black student from Indiana, if that will make any difference. Originally from South Carolina and lived there until I was 15, and I still think a Southern school is the best fit for me.</p>

<p>Welcome to our site! I am not sure how that SAT compares with the ACT, but as long as you apply early, you should be able to get into UA with an ACT score of 21 and a 3.0 GPA. However, since 2003, UA has become increasingly selective. The acceptance rate is now only 54 % and with the campus busting at the seams, it is likely that that rate will keep decreasing. So go ahead and submit your application as soon as possible, but do try to raise your scores as much as possible cause you might be eligible for a scholarship. </p>

<p>I don’t know if UA takes race into consideration or not. Does anyone else know? UA has a high percentage of AA’s relative to other national universities. Over 12 % of this Fall’s freshman class is AA. </p>

<p>I noticed that your Math score looks like it is on the low side. Don’t let the low score get you down. I improved my GRE math score from 340 (partly explained by a stressful experience at the test site) to 740, so anything is possible. So focus on studying for the Math part and also see if you can learn how to strategically guess. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>You can apply now if you want. If your scores rise, Bama will give you whatever scholarship for your new scores.</p>

<p>What major are you going to put down? Some majors also give scholarships.</p>

<p>@ Atlanta 68: Yeah my math score is low, and is essentially why I’m taking it again.</p>

<p>@ mom2collegekids: Right now its a toss up between Public Relations and Advertising, I’ve heard that UA has the #1 ranked PR program, so that’s a plus.</p>

<p>Yes…Bama does have the #1 undergrad program for PR. :)</p>

<p>Since your Math +CR is over 1000, you’re fine the way you are…especially applying now (early). If there’s an issue, Bama will wait til it receives your new scores. But, do retest to see if you can score high enough for a scholarship.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if PR or Advertising has its own scholarships.</p>