Should I be Concerned about Lack of Likely Letters?

Please, I’m not trying to be inflammatory since I understand most people don’t get them. But as a URM who hasn’t really gotten one is this a bad sign? Or do most URMs get in without them? I didn’t apply to schools that give out a load of them like a Penn, Cornell, or Duke, but I’m still concerned.

No you shouldn’t be worried. Most applicants do not receive ll’s regardless of urm status. You’re at the same position you were at lets say a month ago before ll’s came out.

dance: since you’re even asking and show that you know some rudimentary info about likely letters, what about every post on this site where people chime in to tell readers NOT TO WORRY about getting them did you miss or choose to ignore?

“I understand most people don’t get them” Read this to yourself again. There’s your answer. URMs are a subset of “most people”

I get there’s lots to be anxious about. This isn’t one of them. You’ll be fine.

@T26E4‌ you’re right on! I haven’t receive any LL since this post but I have some truly amazing offers! Feeling more at ease now.

If it helps, my D is a freshman at Penn and did not receive an LL…good luck!

@picktails thanks and congrats to your daughter. Well it’s here today so let’s see where I hear back from!

@T26E4‌ @picktails‌ H and Y cross admit! Waitlisted to three others!!! Someone told me the others may be doing yield protection.

dancelance is dancing now

super news! Go Bulldogs! PM me and I can tell you how the black student culture was like @ Yale back in my day. I know of other AAs who are there now and also recent grads.

That is just great!!!