Should I bother applying...

<p>to Purdue if I want to major in Political Science, and eventually transfer to either Tulane or American? I don't know much about the school, honestly, but I'm aware of its heavy focus on engineering.</p>

<p>Would schools like American and Tulane recognize that, and still accept a transfer, assuming I do well?</p>

<p>How is the school's reputation outside of engineering? I guess that's what I'm saying.
Do other colleges judge it based on the 80% acceptance rate?</p>

<p>Thanks for any help!</p>

<p>i'm not sure of political science at purdue that well. but my fraternity has alot of brothers in political science with a history double major. but from how many people do poli. sci. it must be somewhat decent. its not even worth coming to purdue if your going to transfer to a school like that unless your in-state or a rich OOS student. what im going to say is go to your state college or a CC honestly, don't waste the money, most of the majors at purdue are getting better too that are not engineering. so dont think purdue is an engineering only school because their business is climbing up also with other majors in the college of tech.</p>

<p>I'm not sure how strong Purdue's poli-sci is either. I'm an engineering major, though, so it's out of my realm. I've known a few bright kids in it, but in general, I don't think Purdue's liberal arts is as strong as Indiana's if you've thought about IU.</p>