Should I Change My Schedule?

<p>Hello! My Fall schedule is set up to where I don’t have any classes on Thursdays. However, I’m not sure if I should keep my schedule this way. The problem is that I don’t have a roommate and I’m really shy and reserved; so I’m worried that I would spend this free day alone in my room goofing off all day.
Do you think I should change my scedule to where I have classes five days a week instead of four? </p>

<p>Thank You!</p>

<p>Hi Fay! I have never had the opportunity to schedule a day without classes, but it sure sounds convenient to me. I would think that you can use days like that to do homework, recharge from staying up late, and/or run some errands. I think the fact that you acknowledge you might need to get out and do things tells me that you would find a way to do so even without having classes on Thursdays. But I think it’s really a question of personal preference. If I could schedule a free day, I would. However, I’m an extrovert, and as a sophomore I have already made a lot of connections at UA. I guess it comes down to how well you know yourself. If you really think you should rearrange your schedule, I say go for it!</p>

<p>Back in my day, I would have loved an entire free day. </p>

<p>I don’t think adding a class alone on Thursday will make or break it for you to isolate yourself. I think joining a club/activity will be much better then making sure you have a class to attend 5 days/week.</p>

<p>Go to all the WoW week activities. Find some ECs that will interest you.</p>

<p>On Thursdays, discipline yourself to treat it like it is a class day and instead of a class, pencil in Library 10-11:30; Ferg 11:30 or make it Rec Center Day and go and work out.</p>

<p>For the first few weeks really focus on keeping a routine on Thursdays. Don’t vary your meal times each week. This will help set a pattern.</p>