should i even apply??

<p>I have a 3.65 weighted gpa but a 2030 sat . I wrote how my father tried to stop me from studying through out high school and that's why my grades suffered. Should I even apply though? I have to pay for the app with my own money and if I don't have a chances I can't afford the money. Be honest, I really want to know what you think my chances are? Don't be nice about it</p>

<p>If you’d like to go to VT, then I recommend you apply. Your weighted gpa is lower than they’d like however SAT score is fine. I would also encourage you to explain why your gpa is lower in your essay. Good luck!</p>

<p>Yes I know but my situation doesn’t mean I can just apply to wherever I want , I need to calculate my chances first. I can’t just apply because I want to go, I’m.paying for it myself . So be honest about chances here</p>

<p>I just thought I’d tell u about my situation because it is somewhat similar. I applied and got in early with a GPA of 3.7190 and an SAT of 1960/1310. My situation is similar to yours because I have a somewhat low GPA, but a high SAT and it seems like that was enough to get me in from a highly competitive area (NOVA). I also spent a lot of time writing the three personal statements and I have legacy and a very difficult schedule. If I were in your situation I honestly would not apply unless you have a very hard schedule (lots of AP or IB), and a good score on Critical Reading and Math SAT (probably around 1350 or higher in the two combined). It is also important to consider location, if your from Southern Virginia then that may work in your favor, but if your from NOVA or out of state it may not be a good idea. And for people on the border between acceptance and denial the personal statements are extremely important, if you apply write all three and put as much effort as you can into them. Unless you are applying engineering I would say your chances are alright, it’s not impossible, but it’s also not guaranteed. I honestly don’t know what exactly what I would do in your situation but I hope this information helps you make a decision and whatever your decision may be good luck in the future.</p>

<p>I’m currently here and got in last year with a 1330/1600 and a 3.3 unweighted GPA and wrote none of the essays. I say you have a very good shot if I got in with those stats.</p>

<p>I am out of State so bleh =(</p>

<p>My son got into Engineering, OOS, with a 3.4 something and 1340 SAT, with the math portion a 720. I think you do have a chance. If VT is where you really want to go, apply and good luck to you.</p>

<p>Okay I hope so! Remember no false hope, I need to apply where I have a shot. Don’t tell me community because I’d rather just go to a school where I am from. Thanks for the advice.:frowning: I just need to know if its worth paying for.</p>

<p>Please apply and don’t waste your opportunity of coming to this wonderful school. My friend from Boston got in with a 3.3 W and bleh SAT. Even though the average GPA has been raised by the last year class (4.0), but that is the average. If your essays, LORs, and EC are strong, I think you can get in. Again, not a gurantee but I think it definitely worth a shot.</p>

<p>Gobble Gobble,</p>