Should I even bother applying to cal/ucla?

<p>My unweighted/UC GPA is horrible due to my stubbornness of taking the hardest classes possible and the ultra competitive magnet school environment.
uw gpa: 3.45 ish
uc gpa: 3.67 or so
w gpa: 4.00
SATI: 2270
SAT2s: assuming all 750-800 range
APs: 9 by end of junior year blah blah blah</p>

<p>so next year do your best to raise your gpa(which isnt even bad especially if they are all ap classes) and apply to anywhere you want to go. why not just apply? many people get in on more EC’s than anything. join clubs, a sport, volunteer at a church. get yourself into the school you want to get in to and stop *****ing (sorry to be blunt)</p>

<p>There is no reason not to apply – except $60. UC gives bonus points for low income, first generation-to-college kids if that helps. And, they love kids who “overcome adversity”…"</p>

<p>yeah do you actually think berkeley is hard to get into?</p>

<p>its not…</p>

<p>^Uh, I’ll assume you’re being sarcastic.</p>

<p>And, the good thing is (at least as I understand it), is that you fill out one application for the UC in general and then say what UCs you want to apply to. I’d give it a shot–especially if you live in California.</p>

<p>zala2022-Please apply to all the UCs that interest you. The state of California badly needs the $60 for each UC you click. Apply early and often.</p>

<p>zala:</p>

<p>GPA is the #1 criteria for UC acceptance so, unless you have a compelling story to tell in your essays, the odds are rather low for Cal and UCLA. But I can guarantee you that the odds are zero if you do not apply…</p>