Should I Even Bother Applying To UCs?

<p>Amongst others… take off MIT. My friend was the valedictorian of our school, 4.4 GPA, 2350 on SAT’s, EC’s like crazy - waitlisted - then rejected. It’s a broken record on this thread, but once more - be realistic. </p>

<p>I read about two sentences of your long, philosophical posts, and didn’t bother to read the rest. Why? Because when I looked at your grades earlier, your explanation doesn’t mean squat. If you truly believe you’re a “deep thinker” and all that, and you work hard, your grades would have exemplified that. Which they didn’t. And you know how I didn’t read your long rant after looking at your grades? Well, the admissions office is going to do the exact the same thing.</p>

<p>Now, if you’re still persistent into getting into a good school - great! But like what others are saying - prove it at a cc, because unfortunately, you’re at the end of your high school career, and what you’ve shown during that career, isn’t suffice for those schools you’ve picked. None at all. That’s why there’s cc. </p>

<p>Best of luck.</p>

<p>@Ninjahippo just spit some real talk.</p>