Should i expect a rejection?

<p>I applied to UCB,UCLA,UCSD,UCI and UCSB.</p>

<p>During the first semester in senior year,I received a 3.17w(2.67uw) but no Ds or Fs. Since my GPA was below a 3.0uw should I expect a rejection letter from the UCs that I have applied to? Please be honest.</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>P.S. If I can keep a 4.0w(3.5uw) during 2nd semester am I still screwed?</p>

<p>If I can keep a 4.0w(3.5uw) am I still screwed?</p>

<p>You are not screwed for UCI or UCSB. Unfortunately, you have a problem with UCB and UCLA, since they require uw 3.0 each semester of the senior year. Don't know for UCSD.</p>

<p>This is what I have heard from other here in CC
Can anyone please confirm this?</p>

<p>For UCLA you must maintain an overall unweighted 3.0 averaged over your full senior year.</p>

<p>For UCSD, UCI and UCSB you must maintain a weighted 3.0 averaged over your full senior year.</p>

<p>A candidate must maintain an UNWEIGHTED average of 3.0 with no Ds or Fs.</p>

<p>Like i said average
so if i get a 3.5uw, am I still good for UCLA (saying that i get in)</p>

<p>Actually, it's EITHER average or PER. Either way, if you keep a 3.0 unweighted, you're fine.</p>

<p>I Didn't get a 3.0uw so am I screwed for ucla even if I keep up a 3.5uw 2nd semester?</p>

<p>la, cal: 3.0 UW GPA and no D's or F's
Other UC: 3.0 Weighted GPA (not sure about the d/f)</p>

<p>guys i know that you are trying to help and i really appreciate it but my question is if its average for ucla or per semester?</p>

<p>You won't know exactly until you get the rejection or acceptance from UCLA. It will then tell you exactly what you need in full detail and it shouldn't have an impact on your performance for senior year.</p>

<p>I see this is the second post that you are asking for advice about your bad grades. </p>

<p>Your best answer was that you can get no D's or F's which you have not, and must have a 3.0UW gpa either per semester or overall senior year. I am pretty sure it is per semester. This usually is a UCLA/UCB thing, so the other UCs just want a Weighted gpa of 3.0. I would say you are probably in a bad situation for UCB/UCLA, but I would not say screwed.</p>

<p>UCLA</a> Undergrad Admissions: Admitted Students - Reporting Changes - Freshmen</p>

<p>don't know if that helps or not....</p>

<p>so i should email UCLA?
if i email them, will it affect my chances at other UCs (not UCLA/UCB)?</p>

<p>My advice is get to enjoy your senior year.</p>

<p>Agree with other posters - chill and enjoy senior year. Don't become a slacker, but don't obsess over this either.</p>

<p>The issue is not rejection - senior year grades are invisible to the admissions committees and thus not used. What you are worried about is being rescinded. That only happens after 1) you are offered admission, 2) you pick that campus to attend, and 3) your senior year does not meet the conditions they posted as part of the admissions offer.</p>

<p>No point worrying about rescindment, first worry about being offered a spot. </p>

<p>When you have a few positive decisions to choose among, then and only then look at the conditions of the offer. You will be well into the second semester of your senior year and have a pretty good idea of how your final grades will stack up. That is the time to look at this issue.</p>