Should I Get Excited About This?

<p>Ok so Brown sent me this letter from its president, an african american woman named Ruth Simmons. I kind of got excited and this is why: "Your record of accomplishment to date convinces us that you have the talent and initiative to be a very strong candidate for admission to Brown..." Now i've gotten letters from Yale, Harvard, and Princeton saying how my ACT scores and such make me a competitive applicant blah blah blah, but i know those don't mean anything. However, THIS letter emphasized Simmons's successes at the university and i felt like they send it to black students who score well. Is it just another one of those insignificant letters like the other one's I've received? I hope not. lol</p>

<p>I got one too. I have been wondering the same thing mainly because I don’t consider by scores stellar, especially for Brown.</p>

<p>what were your scores</p>

<p>Well i don’t know which scores Brown looked at but…</p>

<p>ACT: 31 Eng, 31 Math, 30 Reading, 25 Sci, 29 Comp. (Not too good but not bad either)
SAT II: Bio 730
AP: Bio 5, Euro 4, US 3 (took sophomore year)</p>

<p>I got one too and got very excited, but I don’t think my scores are that great either.</p>

<p>@thefranchize9: A 31 on the ACT is really awesome!
@harvard521: I bet you are being modest ;-).</p>

<p>I got one too. My scores on decent, but I think we’re in the ballpark and we’re minorities (not asian) is all probably. Nonetheless, you should be proud that your scores are in their range otherwise they obviously wouldn’t have sent it to you.</p>

<p>@harvard - I thought you said you were a junior.</p>