Should i go to vtech

Not sure if i should go to Vtech anymore (deadline decision due on the 15) because im scared i wont find any good professors at this moment for the classes i need and im worried about my science GPA (because im majoring in history but im going to take some science courses).I can stay in NOVA for another year to take harder classes at that institution, however, this wouldn’t give me the opportunity to apply to Vtech later since I’ll be a third year student by then. So should I stay at NOVA, or go to Vtech with the chance of having bad professors and maybe a much harder schedule?

Did you not take any science classes at NOVA that transferred, or are you wanting to take add’l science courses beyond what is required for your major? History major checksheets show that you only need 6 credit hours of science - so no labs.

Would going to NOVA another year get you an associates degree? Would that put you into the guaranteed admissions pool via VCCS? (I’m not familiar with the 3rd year student exclusion you mentioned). What/where are your options for bachelor’s degree if you go to NOVA another year? Every student is going to have a potentially mixed experience of good/bad professors - this will be true at VT or NOVA or anywhere else. Ditto on a much harder schedule.

Good luck with your decision!

I took the science classes needed for a history major but I wish to take additional science classes for what I’m trying to do after undergrad. If I go to Vtech I would have to pay more money and risk having a worse Science GPA, but if I stay at NOVA, taking these additional science classes would just earn me another degree and maybe having a better GPA. Problem is, staying a third year probably doesn’t make me eligible for Guaranteed Admissions. I’m also considering just switching to a Biology Major to make my life easier but I was accepted under Tech for History, so that’s another issue. At this point, I’m considering other schools I can transfer into as a third year student.

You’ve got a lot going on in your posts. Call the registrar’s office and see if you can get answers to some of your questions/concerns so that you can make a well informed decision.

If your feeling overall is that the jump from community college to VT is causing sufficient anxiety to be second guessing a decision to accept an admissions offer, then you may have your answer already.