Should I List Superscore or Composite in Common App?

Hey all! In the Common App it asks for my highest composite ACT score. Is it fine to put my composite superscore in, or should I put my highest single-sitting test score? I don’t want to do anything that might invalidate my college application.

You put in your highest individual composite ACT score (that is not a superscore). You also report your highest individual section scores, regardless of what sitting each was from. That information will allow schools that calculate a superscored composite to do so.

How likely is it that I indicate for schools to superscore, and they end up using my individual composite?

If they say they superscore, they will. Please report common app fields exactly as requested.

3 Likes

When the common app asks for number of ACT tests I want to report, what should I put?

I’ve taken the ACT twice, but would like the report the superscore. Would that be 1 test (superscore only), 2 tests (both individual tests), or 3 tests (both individual tests + superscore)?

You aren’t reporting a superscore on the common app. So, if the highest individual test composite and highest section scores come from two different tests, select two.

1 Like

FWIW, I was wondering a lot about this for my son. Then I happened to meet an admissions officer from a highly rejective college at a wedding. He said his college sees all the scores from all the tests and considers the highest score for each section. I asked why the college did not say “superscore” on their website. He laughed and told me I was overthinking it. He also said they do not compare how many times one applicant took the test vs another applicant.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.