Should I pack winter clothes when I go down?

<p>In Pennsylvania, we start wearing our jackets & boots in October, and by November we’re wearing our winter coats. I know Tuscaloosa is obviously a bit warmer than that, so I was wondering if I should wait until I go home for winter break to pack up my winter things and take them down, or if I will need my winter things before winter break. And I was also wondering what cold weather items I will need before winter break (pea coat, mittens, etc.)</p>

<p>We are from PA. My son is bringing down some traditional PA fall weather gear and gloves.</p>

<p>He is bringing a fall coat (rated to 32 degrees), but not his super heavy coat (rated to 0 faranheit)
2 Hoodies
Hiking boots
warm socks
UnderArmor cold gear
gloves</p>

<p>He is not coming home for Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>He is often cold, so having at least some items with him is a priority.</p>

<p>Mittens, gloves,hat and a scarf take up little space and can really help to keep you warm. I’d suggest to bring at least those items and at least 1 hoodie or sweater. </p>

<p>I think the per coat can stay home if you have another fall coat that permits layering of a hoodie/sweater underneath.</p>

<p>Our thoughts were to have enough to get thru 3 - 5 cold days. After that, items can always be shipped if necessary.</p>

<p>Don’t wait til winter break for all winter clothes</p>

<p>For night games, it can get cold when the sun goes down. Bring at least a hoodie with you. </p>

<p>Also, use those vacuum space bags if you need to, for space reasons. The new ones by ziplock work well. I saw some other ones at the Dollar store…I’ll see how those work.</p>

<p>My son wore shorts every day last year. Every single day. When it was cold, he threw on a hoodie.</p>

<p>Slippy,your son and my son must be related, he wore shorts everyday for the past 2 years except when he was required to wear a band uniform. One difference- we live in Michigan!</p>

<p>I will echo m2ck, bring some cold weather stuff. You don’t need a full length parka for the frozen tundra. You will want some heavier stuff than a light jacket, hoodie, etc. Don’t forget waterproof outerwear. It can get chilly and rainy.</p>

<p>It’s usually HOT in Tuscaloosa through late September, then cools down a little through the first 2 or 3 weeks of October. November is a little colder. There may be some cold rainy days in Oct and Nov.
Sweatshirt or two, a hoodie, some long pants. Although I’ve seen 'em wear shorts, sandals and short-sleeved shirts in 30 degrees.
It doesn’t get consistently cold until late November, or even into December.
DO bring raingear. Once fall sets in, it’s a second monsoon season.</p>