Should I put this for additional info?

<p>So I would say I’m a relatively strong math student. For example, I’m enrolled in AP Physics, Finite/Discrete Math, and AP Calc AB this year. All three of these courses are very math intensive and I am doing relatively well in all of them. Furthermore, I haven’t received a grade less than an A in math since geometry freshman year.
HS Math:
9th:Geometry-B
10th:Alg2/Trig-A
11th:Pre-Cal-A
AP Stats-A
12th:AP Physics
AP Calc AB
Finite/Discrete Mathematics
Although I do well in classes, I managed to get a 670 on math IIc and a 27 on ACT math (30 composite). Would it be advisable for me to explain why I think these scores shouldn’t be looked upon as harshly due to my record of math intensive courses? This would go in the third section for prompt on the UC app.</p>

<p>Thanks!
mVp24 is online now</p>

<p>It depends on how you intend to explain them. If it’s because of an external circumstance like a death in the family before the test, then yeah.</p>

<p>It should be alright. Maybe it just turns out that you’re not exactly the best test taker around and you do better in class.</p>

<p>No, nothing external really happened. I would just like to make sure it doesn’t sound like I’m justifying my poor test score or making excuses. Also I wouldn’t want to insult their intelligence because they will see my math classes.</p>

<p>Any more input?</p>

<p>crunch time…bump!</p>

<p>no. I would not explain that. It just could mean you don’t take tests well. I don’t think you really need to write that down.</p>

<p>Chill. You’re just worrying a bit too much :wink: You should be fine.</p>

<p>If its not any external force that caused it, then you should not be using the third prompt to explain it. It’s not for that. Then people would start explaining how they didn’t study enough for the SAT one time around, but they could really be in a much higher range. That’s all speculative and out of your hands.</p>