Should I quit IB?

If I quit IB would colleges possibly revoke any future acceptance? I already applied to 14 colleges so far, 12 of them with the help of the QuestBridge program because I made it in as a finalist. If I do get matched, would they possibly rescind my application to their college? I like IB and all but I don’t like all the stress and I think I have no actual use for it too. Also my grades are dropping from all the stress and the workload. I’m in my senior year of high school. Thanks for any feedback.

If you are simply talking about continuing with your classes but not testing and pursuing the IBD, I don’t think they will care.

If you are planning to switch into a different set of classes than what you have represented your senior year to be, yes, that could be an issue.

If you were to change your courses from what you put down on your application then you would need to notify those schools. I would try to stick it out and try to keep your grades up at least until after the first semester. After you are accepted, as long as you don’t drop to a low B or C then you should be fine. FYI - you would also need to notify your accepted school if you should change your courses.

Considering your admission is likely tied to a predicted IB score, hence to specific IB classes and your performance in them, you would likely be rescinded if you totally switched out of IB.
(Note that you can be rescinded if your grades drop too much, typically if you get even one D or if you get several Cs).
However if what you want to do is stay in the IB program but only take the HL exams and not take the IB Diploma, that’s fine.
Switching any class needs to be reported to the colleges you applied to.

^^OP is QB, so American and almost certainly at a school in the U.S., in which case predicted scores are generally not important. Completing enrolled classes with consistent grades, however, is.

My daughter went to an American International school, so for all intensive purpose it was an American school, they reported her predicted IB score, but her final IB score was not a condition for admittance.

Sorry for the confusion: I didn’t mean admission would be conditional on the IB exam score, but that the scores indicated grades and admission was predicated on these classes and these grades (or similar enough grades as received previously), so that staying in IB and getting similar grades wouldn’t be a cause for concern, but a significant drop in results and/or switching out of IB entirely would be significant enough (ie., one D or two or three C’s instead of regular grades of A’s, and/or dropping one’s HL’s and/or switching out of IB for another curriculum midway through senior year due to poor grades, would make one rescinded at the schools such as the ones QB works with.)

It would be extremely unusual for an American high school to report predicted IB scores to an American Univeristy. There isn’t even a place to do so on the application.

The SSR includes a specific question about the student being in an IB curriculum as well as a section where grade/score per subject can/should be indicated.

When my daughter told her GC that the UK universities wanted a predicted IB score for each class her guidance counselor (who has all the IB kids) told her they don’t do that. This is a highly ranked school that graduates about 95 IBD kids a year.

But in that case, the GC would have been able to indicate grades per class (not all IB schools do, which is where scores come in). There’s always an indication of academic performance for IBD students since it’s key for admission. It can be a quarter grade, a semester grade, an annual grade, a predicted score, but performance has to be indicated.
To get back to OPs question, imagine a student who applies through QB with 5 A’s, 1B, who drops one HL and ends up with a first semester report senior year of 1A, 2 B’s, 2C’s, do you really think it wouldn’t matter to colleges partners with QB? Academic performance senior year has to follow the previous patterns, whether it’s called “predicted scores” or something else.
Actually taking the exams doesn’t matter to US colleges but consistent performance does.
Because QB applicants complete their application in September, they list their senior classes. The expectation is that the pattern from junior year will be continued, and the guidance counselor may update with first quarter grades. Switching out of these classes or results dropping significantly would have consequences.
(However, taking the class and doing well but not taking the exam would have no consequence, unlike for UK admissions. )

Okay, thank you for the replies. I think I’ll stay then, I’m just hoping I don’t get too stressed out.

Yes agree, my kid graduated from a US IBD program and predicted scores were not a thing. Some my child’s friends in the DP failed to earn the diploma but their admissions were not rescinded. They still got HS diplomas and decent grades.

I think the confusion in this discussion is that US schools provide grades during the year based on work that has been done to date. US colleges rely on the grades given by your US school.

In foreign systems, the only grade that is considered is the one given by the IB, snd as this isn’t available unail the summer before matriculation, the predicted score carries considerable weight, and admission can be conditioned on certain score.