Should i send in my 1st qtr report card?

<p>They practically throw letters of rec anyway. Do you think they’ll look at quarter grades? I want to send them a copy of my 1st quarter report card (bc my junior year sucked). I know quarters don’t show up on transcripts. </p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I'm guessing your school works on a semester system. They don't look at transcripts and so I would advise against sending it.</p>

<p>No, don't send them in. They'll throw it away.</p>

<p>Should I? Or will they seriously not look at it at all?...</p>

<p>Which part of NO don't you understand? :)</p>

<p>oh crap. hehe</p>

<p>Transcripts are sent AFTER all your senior grades are in (and by mid July)</p>

<p>yeah i know but i thought i would send in my quarter grades, solid proof that i'm doing a lot better than last year.</p>

<p>They don't care. If you send them stuff they don't want they'll just throw it away.</p>

<p>They do not care about quarter grades. According to the UCI website ( and this applies to all UC's by the way.), "UC Irvine does not routinely ask for fall semester grades or work planned for spring semester; however, if this information is needed in order to make an admissions decision, the counselor evaluating your records will request it. If you have earned grades of less than "C" in any transferable course in the fall semester, or have changed your schedule for the spring semester, it would expedite the review of your application to send this information as soon as possible." So don't send anything in; if they need it, they WILL ask for it.</p>

<p>What if we put it on the application?</p>

<p>There is no room to put in actual letter grade for the 12th year. You can put it in the Additional information but they will discard it I think. Not sure they will penalize you for not reading instruction. I believe with such a large number of applicants they have to follow a process, otherwise they could be in trouble later on. They have to be consistent. If they do look at one person's grade, they have to do that on all of them.</p>

<p>Umm....there's no room? But I put it in....lol what do you mean there's no room?</p>

<p>i applied EA to a school and they asked me to send in first quarter grades.</p>

<p>UC's do not ask for first quarter grades. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but I think you guys are trying to hard to push your senior grades into the transcripts colleges see. Taiwan, you can put in the classes but there is NO PLACE to put the grades you have in those classes; there is only room for if those classes are being taken or are planned classes.</p>

<p>patsy, we're discussing UC's application. There is no EA.</p>

<p>I put my senior year grades in last year (our school did 4x4 quarter system), it seemed to work. A LOT seems to have changed since I did it then. I knew those grades wouldn't be considered though, but I put them in just because I had that information available with me on hand. Don't think it'll help you, unless they request additional information from you (ie. if you're borderline)</p>

<p>just for the sake of conversation.....this is what i'm talking about </p>

<p><a href="http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8887/91411898bz5.jpg%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8887/91411898bz5.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>maybe we're talkign about completely different things lol, but I did submit the grades onto the application</p>

<p>Hmm. DD's application says "in progress" where you have the letter grade. It would not allow her to put the in the grade. Her high school is from California so she has to pick her 12th grade course from a list. I think it maybe different from international.</p>

<p>Sorry to contradict, but we might request mid year reports if the admissions advisers reading the application thinks it is necessary for the review. This should be the case for few applicants.</p>