Should I send my ACT score to the UCs this fall?

Now that the UC is no longer requiring SAT/ACT scores for admission in Fall of 2021 given the current situation, should I still send my ACT score as a “bonus”?

I took the ACT back in February and got a 28 composite score.
Math: 30
Reading: 28
Writing: 28
Science: 25

Retaking the ACT doesn’t seem to be an option anytime soon because schools are closed for the remainder of this year where I live.

I know it’s not the best ACT score, and maybe it’s not good enough since I’m mostly looking to apply for statistics majors at the UCs.

Although the UC’s have always considered test scores very important, GPA has and will definitely have a greater impact for Freshman admissions next year. Since the UC’s are going basically test optional, if the rest of your application is outstanding such as your academics (High GPA, good HS course rigor), quality EC’s and compelling essays, then you could opt not to send the ACT. It really depends upon which major and UC’s you are targeting.

@gumbymom Do you know if one does choose to submit an SAT or ACT is the essay part still required?

@Mwfan1921: Regrading the ACT or SAT essay, I do not know if they will still require the essay. I am sure a lot of decisions on how they will proceed with the UC application requirements for next year’s applicants are still being considered. Things change daily so I have no special insight at this point. The essay was falling out of favor over the years, so it would not be a surprise if it was no longer required. Applicants may have to wait until August when the UC application opens.