Should I Sign Up for the December ACT?

<p>I am a hs senior from the suburbs of Chicago and attending the University of Alabama reception on Monday! I was accepted in August but my parents will not let me attend without receiving the UA scholar scholarship (30 on ACT, 1330 SAT) because of the cost of tuition. I got a 29 on my September ACT and took the October ACT today but I am a bit worried about the results. I know on UA’s website it states the last ACT they use for scholarships is October but I remember reading a post saying that UA accepted a December ACT score for that poster. Should I sign up or is it a waste of money?</p>

<p>I don’t know much about the ACT, but you could take the SAT again and shoot for a 1400 and the Presidential scholarship.</p>

<p>I would sign up for the November SAT (which WILL count) but also try the December ACT. It’s not a big investment of money or time, and there’s at least some chance that it might be accepted, since it’s happened in the past. I wouldn’t count on it, though. If Bama doesn’t take the December score, might it help you at one of your other schools?</p>

<p>Take the Dec tests.</p>

<p>Bama may accept it.</p>

<p>Also, if you’re able to get a better scholarship elsewhere with it, Bama might then match it.</p>