Should I Still Apply

<p>Hi everyone, im planning on applying to Arizona this December ,but i have just failed to meet the prerequisites in Math (LOW SAT,JUST COMPLETING ALG II) However I’ve have a +3.0 gpa and have exceeded all other prerequisites in science,english,history and foregin language. So, should i still apply or would i get automatically rejected. Forgot to mention, i plan on applying as a history major. </p>

<p>Ps Im Latino if that makes any difference :/</p>

<p>go ahead and apply. A lot of times everything else will make up for it. Email them just in case</p>

<p>Yes! I would definitely apply! You will probably get in, but with a deficiency. It's not a good thing to have a deficiency, but it's not necessarily a bad thing either. They will probably just make you take an extra math course your freshman year. All Arizona public universities are easy to get into, so even though you're lacking a math credit, you will probably get in.</p>

<p>thanks for responding. How many years of math do you have to take at UofA?</p>

<p>4 years: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry, Calculus, etc</p>

<p>Whoa, you don't have to take those while AT U of A-- those are the recommended high school classes. I believe the math requirements depend on your major. You will take a placement test during orientation to determine your starting level.</p>

<p>TACO,
Check out this link for math requirements and how to make up deficiencies. My son had only 3 years, but completed Pre-Calculus and that counted for the four years.
<a href="https://admissions.arizona.edu/requirements/Competency_Requirements.aspx%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://admissions.arizona.edu/requirements/Competency_Requirements.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I took 4 years of math, but frosh year was pre algebra which probably doesnt count, then took algebra 1, then geometry, and this year, my senior year, algebra 2. My sat score was 640 which is well above the 540 requiremtn, does that mean my deficiiency is voided?</p>

<p>Yep! Since you scored so high on the SAT they won't count it against you.</p>