Should I submit Low subject test scores?

Hello, I recently received my subject test scores. I received the following: Physics 690, Math II 600. I applied to most UCs and I’m wondering should I even consider submitting these scores. Will a low score lower my chance of admission? Please let me hear about your opinion, thank you

In addition, most of the programs I applied to highly recommended applicants to take subject exams, so If that makes a difference, please let me know

Math SAT subject test definitely do not submit since it will not help your chances. The Physics test is a toss up. What was your SAT Math score?
If your overall application is competitive, I would not submit these scores.

My sat math score is 760, I missed five questions on my sat math section. I know for a fact that I shouldn’t send the math score, but what about physics? thank you in advance

I know the SAT Physics is a tough test so 690 is not bad. Like I stated above, if the rest of your application is competitive, then no harm in sending the Physics score. The SAT will have more of an impact than the Subject tests since they are only recommended and not required. You will not be rejected based on that one subject test.

I would probably not send it. 690 is below 50th percentile. And no one takes just one Subject a Test, so they’d likely assume that you are withholding a low score from a second test.

I would advise you to not submit that math 2 score because it is in the 16th percentile, and the physics score is in 48th percentile so that one is up to you. Personally I would just submit physics because at least it shows something.

I thought with certain schools you had to send all of your test scores? Is this not correct?

My advice is to not send either.
For what it’s worth (and for future people trying to look this up), my daughter submitted her 2 really bad (like, terrible) subject test scores. We were under the mistaken belief that because UC Berkeley requires scores from all your SAT attempts (for the actual SAT w/ Essay), that she needed to send the Subject tests, too.

This is not the case. Once we realized the mistake it was too late, since you can’t cancel reporting after the fact. She addressed the issue in the “further comments” section of the UC application.

In the end, she was accepted into 3 of 5 UCs she applied to. UCB was the only flat-out rejection, & waitlisted at UCSD.

Bottom line, it wasn’t a deal breaker to send them, but avoid the stress & regret of sending in less-than-awesome scores if you can.

UC Forum Champion Note:

Since this individual has already applied to the UC’s this admission cycle, any comments and recommendations about the sending the scores is moot.

Also, since the UC’s are going test optional for the Fall 2021 admission cycle along with the SAT subject tests being recommended and not required already, any advice for this year’s applicants will not be applicable for the following year’s applicants.

The UC’s have been considering no longer requiring any SAT or ACT test scores for future applicants regardless of the current Covid situation.

Closing this discussion.